eCommerce is all the fuzz today. And let us tell you that it’s for all the right reasons. If you’ve got products or services to sell, and you’ve got an audience that lives on the internet, eCommerce is something you cannot do without. You probably can, but we wouldn’t advise it. Considering the fact that an eCommerce website is the door opening up to a global audience, why wouldn’t you put it to use?
So, you’ve already heard it. “eCommerce websites are useful”. But just because it is so, there are thousands of businesses playing this game. There might also be thousands of businesses selling exactly what you’re selling. In such a case, how can a company stand out from this crowd? You must stand out, right? The last thing you want is to become “just another company.”
Well, maybe you don’t wish to stand out. Maybe you have humble little goals for your business. Still, it’s rather important to take every step the right way. Because, casually running an eCommerce website without taking the proper considerations, might do your business more harm than good.
We don’t want that for you. (Of course, neither do you.) So, allow us to lend you a hand here. There are some interesting little steps you could take to assure yourself an eCommerce website that works. And, we’ve kept things simple. Just read along, and know how you can take your eCommerce game up a notch.
When it comes to eCommerce website development, two broad areas demand your attention-
- Creating and Tuning content that sells
- Marketing it the right way
And there are fine little details within each of these steps-
Table of Contents
Creating and Tuning your content
Content that’s original
Remember we told you how there are thousands of different businesses out there? The spots have all been taken. There’s only one spot that remains to be taken–Yours. There isn’t a single business out there, doing what you can do.
An incredibly unique design catches users’ eyes like few other things could; because people already know what others have to offer. Midst a series of mundane content and designs, only a truly unique body of work would stand out.
So, when it comes to writing your content, or creating your designs, being yourself is the important first step.
Users love it when websites speak to them. It shows them that they matter.
Apart from that, it’s the users who hold the strings. It’s their demands that boost the presence of your business. Meaning, you simply cannot own the online world without having owned your customers’ hearts first.
So, try these out-
- Be transparent. Tell them everything about your business and its goals.
- Make your language more and more personalized. Proper content writers know how to speak to the readers, instead of just pasting theories.
- Including videos, FAQs, and chatboxes in your website, can be of mighty help.
Let users remember you for all the right reasons.
Optimizing for mobiles
Imagine someone logging in to your website. One’s in a hurry. And your website simply redirects the user to Playstore or App store. Chances are, that he/she would simply drop the idea.
Understandably so, right? Your customers are looking for quick and easy solutions. The easier, the better. So, in a world where mobile users are in plenty, your eCommerce website has to be optimized for a mobile’s UI.
Go that extra mile, and create responsive UI/UX designs for mobiles. It’s worth every penny.
Marketing it the right way
SEO. It’s still important
If you’re working hard to build up a website, you might as well make sure it reaches your users, right? To ensure the same, it’s essential to use the right SEO techniques, and optimize your website for search engines. Whenever a user “Googles it”, your services have to be right up there. They almost never scroll past the first page.
Here are some of the things you can ensure from your end-
- Provide relevant and useful content is step no.1. You can’t trick Google into thinking your content’s relevant unless it actually is relevant.
- Provide detailed information, include backlinks, features, and blogs. If a user enters your website, he/she simply shouldn’t exit without having learned something.
- Keyword optimization is still one of the keys. Do conduct proper keyword research, and optimize your content accordingly.
Remember how we told you that personalized content is always a good idea? Email marketing is an excellent step in that direction. You can reach out directly to your customers, keep them engaged, and fill them in regarding whatever’s new in your business. Here are a few pointers you could keep in mind-
- Maintain a healthy schedule. Spamming users with promotional emails might be a bad idea.
- Keep your message personalized and engaging.
- Monitor your emails’ performance and reach. It’ll help you make the required improvements.
As one of the easiest digital marketing strategies around, PPC is not to be missed out on. Bidding on the right keywords, and getting your ads placed on the top of SERPs will quite surely provide the extra boost that your eCommerce website needs. Again, here are some pointers for you-
- Bid the right amount. Not too much, not too less.
- Target your ads at the right audience. Google Ads is of massive help for the same.
- Make sure your Ad itself is great. It must be informative, and actually useful.
- Again, keep track of how your ads are doing! Monitoring them goes a long way.
If a user has entered your site once, you can very well make sure they enter it again.
Retargeting is all about tracking your visitors and displaying specific ads to direct them back to your website. Here’s how you can do it the right way-
- Include retargeting ads for specific products or landing pages. It’s just better if the user is directed right to the page he’s looking for, instead of being sent to your homepage.
- Create different ads for the specific purpose of retargeting. You might want to refrain from just repeating the ads.
- And of course, make sure these ads include especially useful information. Something that your base ad did not have.
This might be a bit tricky. And if you’re confused, just contact us. We’re here to lend you a hand.
What we want you to take away
Well, it’s simple. You’ve worked long and hard to create an eCommerce website, and we just want it to work as advertised. Or maybe better than advertised. And all that would take, is a little more attention to detail from your side.
Just think of the above steps as the finishing strokes to what you’ve painted. The tiny yet necessary steps for boosting your eCommerce website. And if you’ve got queries, what are we here for? At KickStart Solutions, we house a team that carries a relevant body of experience in this field. Reach out, and we’ll get you sorted right away.